Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Keeping up with the Karbohydrates

On the day after Christmas (December 26. duh) I decided I better do something about the 20lbs I have gained over the last 3 months. So to detox my system I decided that I have 20 days to eat healthy, and eat clean. I am giving up "bad" carbs: White flour, Breads of any kind, Rice cakes, Cereal, Waffles, etc and only stick with the "good" carbs: VEGGIES! 20 days to see if I am able to fit back into my size 12 ripped jeans. 

^^^ These are the jeans I want to be back into after my 20 day challenge of eating clean and no bad "Karbs"

^^^ These are the jeans on me at the END of September (So not that long ago)

If only I never procrasitnated, lost motivation, got careless etc! Well, it just gives me new motivation! Lets just "see" what I can do in 20 days!? I can't wait to post the results! My cruise is January 15! I am EXTREMELY excited because its my first "real" vacation. It is also my first time flying. I was never nervous before, but as the time keeps creeping closer the more nervous I become. *Fingers crossed* the way my luck has been (Let's throw in the old saying: If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all...<--- yeah totally me!) it will be like the ironic Alanis morissette song:

 Mr. Play It Safe was afraid to fly 
He packed his suitcase and kissed his kids good-bye 
He waited his whole damn life to take that flight 
And as the plane crashed down he thought 
'Well isn't this nice...' 
And isn't it ironic ... don't you think 

Let's just hope thats not the case! We take off to Tampa the morning of the 14th, going to spend the day and evening there then the next day we are boarding our cruise to the Grand Cayman islands and Cozumel, Mexico! Here is to a Corona on the beach, zip lining, rock climbing, snorkeling, and sailing sea! 

Which have I mentioned I am TOTALLY unprepared for. I still need to purchase a formal dress for the cruise. I need to get something done with this mess they would call hair on my head, I have to buy luggage (yeah I said its my FIRST REAL vacation.) Of course I need a few new cute mexico-ee shirts! And a few beachy dresses. Which I went to this discount store called: Gabe's just browsing and O - M - G I found this Maxi Beach dress for guess how much? THREE DOLLARS. Thats right ONLY three dollars and zero cents! The color in the picture doesn't do it justice! I absolutely love it. I bought an XL but its too big but with some altering it is SO worth the three dollars for the dress for the beach. 
Heck when I am done with it I can probably sell it on e-bay and make a profit on it. 


I was just wandering in a store called almost a buck or something to that nature. A dollar store none the less. and I came across this little primitive sign. Thought it was rather cute and everyone would enjoy it! 




Hahaha isn't that the truth!

Peace, <3, =)


3 comments:

  1. Hey Kelly, we are friends on WW and I read your blog there all the time. It's cute and so is this one! Feel free to follow me on my blog. It's not much, but it's there haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I also found your blog on WW yesterday (you commented on my post about blogs) ANYWAYS...Good luck with your new goal, YOU CAN DO IT! Those jeans are very cute, so is your dress!! LOVE IT! Feel feel to follow my blog as well if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! I'm so glad you started this blog. I read your WW blog all the time. I know you can reach your goal by 25 if you stay focused. You'll be smokin hot!

    Have fun on your vacation! I go to Mexico in October and I couldn't be more excited. I have 10 months to lose more weight so I'm hoping I can lose another 20 lbs if not more by then.

    Good luck to you Kelly!

    ReplyDelete